How to manage yourself and others? How to take care of the mental toughness of a leader to support teams that go through changes? How to have resilient leaders & teams?
The workshop will equip its participants with useful tools to help them deal with everyday stress, pressure and emotions, as well as be effective managers in a crisis.
Research from around the world shows that mental toughness (or resilience) accounts for about 25% of the difference in performance between people. Psychologically resilient people do well in the professional sphere. They maintain a constant level of energy, commitment and positive attitude and are willing to take on new challenges.
The training participants will not only learn how to take care of themselves and build their mental toughness, but also how to look after their teams. In a situation characterized by many changes, uncertainty, and difficulties, employees need support – and a lot depends on the attitude and actions of the manager.
The workshop shows how to change your approach to challenges, pressures and difficult situations in order to regain a sense of agency, of being in control. Participants will learn ways to reduce the level of stress and tension, maintain emotional balance and mental distance, and address the emotions in your team.
The workshop is based on the 4Cs model of the Mental Toughness Questionnaire (MTQ48). It is a specific tool that will allow each participant to work using their resources and improve the areas that require it. At the same time, managers will be able to learn to diagnose the level of mental toughness in their teams and provide targeted support to their employees.
Benefits for participants:
- They will learn how to make themselves and their teams stronger in a crisis situation
- They will learn the 4Cs model of Mental Toughness and improve self-awareness (in the area of their resources)
- They will learn a number of strategies for strengthening their resistance to stress
- They will learn how to regain a sense of agency and being in control
- Each training participant will receive an individual MTQPlus report from their questionnaire with tips on how to develop resilience
- The entire team will receive a report from the team resilience questionnaire
- Participants will learn what elements determine Mental Toughness and how to improve it
- They will practice a set of key activities that, when undertaken on a regular basis, ensure high resistance to stress
- They will learn the principles for effective energy management and taking care of their own energy and that of their employees
- They will learn how to take care of their team’s mental toughness and about methods of building a more resilient team
“Resilient Leader = Strong Team” training program:
- Resistance to stress and pressure – effective action in difficult situations
- Mental Toughness Model – what it is and what constitutes mental toughness (4Cs model: Control, Commitment, Challenge, and Confidence)
- Resilience vs sensitivity – how to recognize psychological resilience in employees
- What do my results mean? How do I benefit from my resilience?
- Getting to know your resources. How to use your strengths in the current situation?
- Strategies for improving your mental toughness
- Anti-stress training – how to deal with challenges, stress, and pressure
- In order to manage, you need to understand first: stress and its psychophysiology
- Short-term and long-term stress – signs and effects of stress
- Instant stress relief techniques and stress management in stages
- Mindfulness exercises – getting in touch with your emotions and your body. Breathing techniques
- Exercises that reduce physical and mental tension
- Stress energy – using the stress response in action
- Controlled distraction and concentration exercises – how to redirect and maintain focus
- Power of thought – how to manage stress and emotions by changing your mindset
- You can’t feel better if your thoughts aren’t better – managing your stress and emotions requires working on your mindset. Attitude as a key component of mental health
- “Wipe away the impress of imagination” – facts vs. interpretations
- Hot and cold cognition – a stoic exercise
- The ABC of emotions in a team – recognizing and managing team emotions
- A sense of agency and being in control in a crisis situation
- STOP strategy in everyday life – how not to be like a billiard ball
- Planning ahead in changing times
- Area of influence – the things I can change and the things I can’t.
- Motivating feedback in the work of the team
- Resilient team – strategies to improve mental toughness of the team
- How do I recognize the level of mental toughness in my team?
- Mental training in a team – managerial strategies
- Methods of taking care of your employees’ mental health
- Employee energy management – practical strategies
- My crisis management action plan
- What will I start doing for myself?
- What will be the first step?
- What action will I take within the team?
Online or stationary training (group workshops or individual consultations).
- (Online) MTQPlus Assessment
- Working with individual reports and a team report
- Individual and group exercises
- Case study
- Cognitive work and exercises with the body
- Facilitation and moderated discussion
- Coaching exercises