Mental Toughness Questionnaire (MTQ48/MTQPlus ) is a research tool for measuring Mental Toughness, looking at developing employees and managers to perform more effectively. This is particularly important in challenging environments and those which expose people to stress and pressure. The questionnaire allows to diagnose the level of mental toughness of individual employees and the team as a whole.
The MTQPlus measure is based on the analysis of four key areas of Mental Toughness, the so-called 4Cs:
- Control= having a sense of agency and being in control
- Commitment= goal orientation and “stickability”
- Challenge= embracing change
- Confidence= self-belief in one’s own abilities and the ability to influence others
Participants complete the psychometric test and afterwards, they receive a comprehensive development report providing the individual’s scores and development suggestions.
It consists of two parts:
- an online test (about 10-15 minutes)
- an analysis of the scores during an individual session or team workshop
The MTQPlus test consists of:
- Individual report indicating the level of mental toughness in each of the four areas separately
- Development and coaching suggestions to improve efficiency and well-being
- Group report showing scores for the entire team
- Progress report based on current and previous analysis
- Follow-up session discussing the scores, their implications, and basic interventions
Benefits of diagnosing Mental Toughness with MTQPlus:
- Diagnosis of the level of key elements that affect employee performance and efficiency barriers
- Assessment of resistance to short-term and long-term stress
- Analysis of employees’ predispositions related to mental toughness
- Planning and supporting employee development paths
- Diagnosing the team’s attitudes towards change before or during the implementation of organizational changes
- Optimization of workforce, resources and time allocated to the development and support of employees
- Support in the processes of recruitment and promotion
- Preventing job burnout and supporting well-being and energy management programs
- Evaluation tool useful in more long-term development programs
Thanks to the MTQ test, participants are able to manage themselves better, because they can identify the key determinants of their good performance. They can also see the links between the four separate, but related, areas and choose those interventions that will act as leverage – bringing change to as many areas as possible.
If you are interested in an individual or group diagnosis, contact me at email@example.com
Also check out:
Training: Resilient leader and a strong team - how to take care of your wellbeing?
The workshop will equip its participants with useful tools to help them deal with everyday stress, pressure and emotions, as well as be effective managers in a crisis.